THE FRIENDLY MATH HELP & ADVICE NETWORK

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

ACT / SAT Preparation


Boy, it seems like they just started high school, now they have to start thinking about college. Choosing a college; application deadlines; paying for college; and preparing for the ACT and SAT exams, the whole nine yards.

Seems like so much to do in so little time.

As a parent, I know you want to help your teen get the best score possible on their ACT or SAT exam. I came across a very helpful article the other day I wanted to pass along. It gives some good advice on what you can do to help prepare them for the ACT and SAT tests.

Some real practical things you may not have thought about. It starts out with things like looking at the books freshmen use and talking to college students about the types of assignments they are required to complete in their first year of undergraduate studies.

I think this is a great idea because it should motivate your teen to get serious about preparing for the SAT and ACT and for college in general. And I know I don't have to tell you when they're motivated to do something it makes a world of difference.

Check out the article here.

Labels: